While the summertime is known for its warm weather, road trips, and time off of work and school, it is also the time of the year that can take a toll on your vehicle. The additional driving and the summer heat can have its effects on your car, so understanding how you can best take care of your car during the summer can save you time and money.
No one wants to get stuck on the road during a summer vacation with a broken down vehicle, so one way you can protect yourself all summer long is a pre-trip inspection here at EurAuto Shop. During a pre-trip vehicle inspection, we will perform a full check of all of your vehicle’s critical systems and ensure that your car is in good condition to remain reliable on the road.
Here are some other ways that you can take care of your vehicle this summer:
- Park in shaded areas and out of direct sunlight
- Have your vehicle’s air conditioning system serviced or inspected
- Check your tires for proper air pressure and tread
- Make sure all fluids are topped off and clean
- Fill up your wiper fluid to wash dirty or dusty windshield
- Have your car battery tested if it been a few years since your last replacement
- Pack an emergency kit for the road, just in case
- Have your oil changed if you’re due or soon to be due
- Wash your car regularly to protect the exterior
These are just some of the ways in which you can take better care of your vehicle overall during the summer. We suggest bringing your car into our shop for a summer vehicle inspection to ensure that all major systems are working properly. We can take care of any problems early on to guarantee that you’ll have a safe vehicle during your summer activities.
Give us a call or stop by our shop today!